Came across this interesting experiment on the beeb website:
BBC News embarks on a unique project telling the story of international trade by tracking a shipping container around the world for a year. The Box
It caught my eye for all sorts of reasons:
- I was at college with Declan, who is fronting it (or at least, did the first bit – dunno if he’s doing all of the reports?)
- It’s a really nice use of current technology. Live tracking is “in” at the moment, and it’s nice to see it being given a showcase.
- The whole concept is just cool. Let’s stick a GPS device on a shipping container, and see where it goes. It’s like the guy who did the (self claimed) Biggest drawing in the world (with the help of GPS and DHL)
- The name (and, sadly, this only just struck me). Watch The Box on The Box. 🙂
- They’ve put together a live mashup so you can see exactly where it is all the time (pirates taking note? Avast me hearties!)
Good job – I shall look forward to tracking The Box!