I’ve been jotting down some of favourite games that we play at youthgroup. Most of these are good for all ages, and have passed the test of time (several times a term for 2 or 3 years). There are some newer ones we’ve done once or twice, but which seemed good.
Games with no equipment or preparation
(except possibly tables, chairs and a large room)
- Splat – An all time favourite game of quick reactions.
- Fruit Salad – completely barking.
- Honey, if you love me – a real giggle, and a good “getting to know you” game.
- Scream – loud and nerve-racking, but fun.
- Hand Jive – silly table based game.
- Wink Murder – an oldie, but not mouldy.
- Triangles – more fun then it ought to be.
- Cat and Mouse – high energy “tag”
- Encore – sort of musical/singing game.
Games that require pen and paper
- On The Sofa – simply never grows tired… Probably our most played ice-breaker.
- 3 facts – a good set of “getting to know you” games.
More than I’ve space for, but these are particular favourites.
Finally, one game that needs balloons
I’ve not mentioned any ball games – there are millions!
Also, any sort of relay race – particular if it involves candles, water, pancakes, or balloons. Popping a balloon with a candle is particularly satisfying.