It needs a little bit of organisation and time – but the basic idea is that you create a large (A4 or A3) picture of your fingerprint, with the prayer bit being that we’re each special and uniquely made by God, so all the fingerprints are different. It is a two-stage process (especially with lots of children), so is probably best done either over two days/sessions, depending on your context.
You will need:
- An inkpad
- A piece of paper per person
- A photocopier, or scanner and computer and A4/A3 printer
- PVA Glue and glittter
- (optional) cardboard picture frame slightly bigger than A4 or A3
- You start by taking a fingerprint of each person, using an ink-pad and paper (remember to name/label each one!)
- Then blow this up, using a photocopier or scanner/printer, until it nearly fills an A4 (or A3) sheet. Again remember to label each one.
- Now, carefully paint PVA glue over the blown-up fingerprint lines.
- Then cover the whole page in glitter, so the PVA glue is covered.
- If using a picture frame, when the PVA is dried, frame it!
Once they’re framed, you can display them all, and use them as a celebration of how we’re made!