Turns out #chatgpt isn’t great at telling jokes…
“Give me ten examples of Dad jokes.”
- What did the dad say when his kids asked him for money? “Money doesn’t grow on trees, you know.”
- Why was the dad’s belt arrested? For holding up his pants!
- Why don’t dads ever have any money? Because they always spend it on their kids!
- How do you know when a dad is about to make a joke? When he starts to twinkle.
- What do you call a dad who’s always on the phone? A chatterbox!
- How does a dad make a coffee run? Very carefully.
- What did the dad say when he heard his son was stealing? “I hope he takes after his mother.”
- Why did the dad cross the playground? To get to the other slide!
- How do you know when a dad is done mowing the lawn? He’s sweating profusely.
- What did the dad say when his son asked him how to make a sandwich? “Put it together yourself, I’m not your sandwich maker.”
I think part of what is interesting about this is the way in which the jokes are wrong. There are ghosts or echoes of jokes in many of these, and they read a bit like bad translations.